Sabbatical

Sabbatical
Sabbatical!!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Storm (Brooks Haxton)

Cycle 2, chemo almost 3
posted by Lissa mcKinley on Friday, August 28, 2009 Edit


Goodmorning my friends,

I arrived at my usual 7:30am to find my counts just like last time at this part of the cycle, too low to proceed. At least I understand what I've been feeling. I got the other drug in a quick 1/2 hour session and was finished at 9am!

Now I am off until 9/18 as I am going for a little foray into the wilds of the Tetons for a few days to hike and ride and perhaps learn to flyfish--something I've always wanted to do! I'm going to try to get my sister on a horse and take too many pictures as we laugh ourselves silly.....Yeeehawwww!

I will ask Judi Kovach to halp organize some food help next cycle. the week I will be low again will be the week of 9/28/09--which of course is my birthday week....! thank you all in advance!

Out my window up here today looks a little like this:

Storm (Brooks Haxton)

Cattle egrets in the dry grass waded
like white clerics at the hooves
of brood cows, heifers, and new calves.

Forked lightning. Calm.
The darkness in the cattle tank welled up
and flooded the reflection of the trees.

Turkey vultures wheeled, and wheeled away.
No swifts, no swallows, children gone indoors.
Rain seethed into the willowtops,

sky flashing, while the black bull
under the water locust glowed
with an inward surge of darkness.

No comments: