Sabbatical

Sabbatical
Sabbatical!!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Izumi Sikibu

Cycle 5, off week


posted by Lissa mcKinley on Friday, November 13, 2009 Edit





All, I am off this week, yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today, I finally feel truly better after three long weeks of flu and chemo, etc, etc. So, I'll keep it short, but say a huge thank you for the dinners that have really, really, really helped us this week. THANK YOU! I am getting scanned next week and this will help my physician decide the length of my chemo treatments. Cross your fingers for a quick end and the start of some hair growth. I realize, as the days get colder, that a layer of hair next to the skin is really insulating! I'm cold!!



Try this, by Izumi Shikibu:



It is true the wind

blows terribly here--

but moonlight also leaks

between the roof planks

of this ruined house. (Izumi Shikibu)



Enjoy the beautiful weekend! love, Lissa

No comments: