Sabbatical

Sabbatical
Sabbatical!!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

God Said Yes to Me (Kaylin Haught)

Good snowy, cold morning here.  Found myself back in the 6th floor oncology outpatient unit this morning getting my every three week Avastin and Zometa.  The large lagoon below my window has now become a skating rink, but my steam shovel was not in action today.  She must be on leave too.  I feel good, no nose bleeds since the taxol stopped, and here I was blaming it on the avastin.

One this New Year's Eve day, I have committed to working through a wonderful poetry workbook called, "In the Palm of Your Hand: The Poet's Portable Workbook" (Steve Kowit).  I love the way it is written so far, and I know it will take time and effort to do what it suggests, but I need to give myself permission to take the time--to say YES to this.

So, I say YES to taking a little time to learn as much as I can about poetry--the reading and the writing, as I really do believe it helps us look at ourselves, learn, and rejoice in the beauty of it.

Try this:
God Says yes to Me (Kaylin Haught)


I asked God if it was okay to be melodramatic
and she said yes
I asked her if it was okay to be short
and she said it sure is
I asked her if I could wear nail polish
or not wear nail polish
and she said honey
she calls me that sometimes
she said you can do just exactly
what you want to 
Thanks God I said
And is it even ok if I don't paragraph 
my letters
Sweetcakes God said
who knows where she picked that up
what I'm telling you is
Yes Yes Yes

boy, do I wish I had written that!
I am going forth with YES!!

No comments: