Sabbatical

Sabbatical
Sabbatical!!

Monday, December 21, 2009

(Augeries of innocence (William Blake)

off week, cycle three


posted by Lissa mcKinley on Friday, October 2, 2009 Edit





All, I am reveling in NOT being in the chemo seat today! I went to a conference in DC on Tuesday and I am now in NYC and off to Stamford now to see my sister and her family. I wandered around NYC this morning, as I have begun to love to do, and I found the Morgan Library on 36th and Madison, and they had a William Blake exhibit--showing off his poetry, engravings and paintings. Who knew??



I had the most amazing experience hearing Jeremy Irons reading a piece of The Augeries of Innocence by William Blake as I followed the text in his handwriting from his notebook under glass in the exhibit....ok, very, very cool....as is the place and the JP Morgan's library, etc. Wonderful little cafe too, if anyone wants a wonderful place to go in NYC.



Here's the beginning of Augeries of Innocence:



To see a world in a grain of sand



And a heaven in a wild flower,



Hold infinity in the palm of your hand



And eternity in an hour.



Talk to everyone on cycle 3, week 4 next friday



have a great weekend!

No comments: